Saturday, April 12, 2008

tasks

In an attempt to force myself to write more, I'm going to buy a separate and new notebook and start free writing with a pen, forcing myself to write a page a day even if its complete drivel. Right now I blog randomly and keep a small notebook for thoughts but neither are used as much as they should be. I suddenly feel a desire to be more versatile in my writing, trying out new styles and forms and giving myself new and specific writing tasks. These work efforts definitely wouldn't be worth posting, nor do I want to clutter my random thought journal with them. I have forgotten how to write by hand, to be restricted by the absoluteness of paper and unable to jump around fixing and moving things as I please. I feel that practice under such restrictions will help me maintain concentration and linearize my thought process because currently I am hopelessly scattered.

I am finally feeling motivated again and I need to keep coming up with different tasks to maintain it (heh, which knowing me, might not be very long). I also think I need to readjust my goals as many unexpected things have happened and are still happening. For better or for worse, by mid-year I shall know much better than I have in years where I stand in life.

No comments: