Sunday, April 20, 2008

a lurch

Distractions, all are but distractions!

Passions forcefully diverted for safekeeping, my desperate leeches. I deny them their most desired cravings. A great feat! A stoic success! But abstinence is impossible. They hunger, my passions. Clinging, clinging. Sucking, clinging. Vile and starved. Oozing, my humiliation requires justification - subconscious urges, I cannot overcome. Protective, I am. Attempted control, diversion my plan. They are safe here in texts. They are safe here on screens. Diverted! They are safe here sucking the dead and distant. I am safe. I am fooled. How they thirst; I grow faint and dizzy. I have starved myself; I have been deceived. They are patient and cunning. They slither, lasciviously, for sources more voluptuous, for blood thick with malice. I am weak. I am dizzy. My fingers tremble in disgust and sudden frailty; I cannot peel them off their host, together in silent embrace. Too late! Their once sodden bodies, excited, turn a bile hue, baked in their indulgence. Dried up, cracked, and crusted, too late, I am hollowed! And the host, most snidely, remains unaffected. I am weak.

No comments: