Saturday, March 29, 2008

sharing

AT: Every film I have directed and I intend to direct is always tied to characters who have something to overcome, who must succeed, in the name of this optimism on which I insist and which I constantly speak about. In other words, a man held up by an idea searches passionately for the answer to a question and goes to the end of his understanding of reality. And he reaches an understanding of that reality thanks to his experience.


I showed this quote to my mother after she asked me what book I was reading at the moment. I remembered marking the passage (among others) earlier in the day while reading on the train. Without a word, I flipped through the book to find it and handed it over. She read it, got very excited and said, "See! That's why I like Harry Potter. Read it again." I read it again with this new interpretation. I looked back at the enthusiasm on her face for a moment, then put my book away and waited for the movie to start.

No comments: