Sunday, March 16, 2008

repetition

After writing a slew of verbose distress e-mails to a friend, his response was "I think it's one thing to think and ponder in poetry and prose, and another to act on what you inherently know and need to do." He continued in a supportive, though harsh manner. The two of us couldn't be more opposite from each other, but we've always bonded in our respected ability to tell each other like it is, without sugar coating. And he's right, which is an easy conclusion for him to come to (practically the default one for any and all problems I come to him with) considering how long he's known me. That was over a month ago and I haven't had the heart to respond because I didn't think I could go through with what I was too (eloquently) afraid to do. I think the advice and support I need is there but I'm always so unwilling to commit to it, to act. It's part of the reason I never ask anyone for assistance: I don't want the added pressure of letting them down when I don't follow through. At least now I can respond to him. And hopefully yet again he'll forgive my prolonged silence.

No comments: