Saturday, November 24, 2007

thud

In contrast to the rigidness of Friday's impromptu proclamation , I'm learning to put less weight on time in the short-term. My watch battery died a month ago, and although I still wear it, I have not bothered, nor now intend, to replace it. I've grown to enjoy letting the seconds tick by unconsciously, which is in deep contrast to how burdened I allowed myself to be before, especially when it came days when I'm bent on being productive. Of course I still make to-do lists in the mornings, and periodically check the hour: I still make notes to read for X amount of hours, write from Y to Z o'clock, but I rest them as merely motivational guidelines which I breach according to my tempers. After all, I've learned that there is nothing less productive than forcing myself to read for an hour when I don't feel like it: words are skimmed but not processed. So now I try to read until I don't feel like reading, but at the same time, try to ensure that I'm reading in large segments, since I absorb best that way. I treat everything in this manner lately.

Apparently I'm becoming increasingly neurotic.

No comments: